International speaker and freelance translator Chris Durban will hold two events in Wellington in January 2016:
- Pricing issues in translation: is this where you want to be?
- A Business acceleration masterclass for translators with Chris Durban.
NZSTI presentation by Chris Durban: Pricing issues in translation: is this where you want to be? (Sunday 17 January, 5.00 – 6.30 pm, Meeting Room, CQ Hotel Wellington, 223 Cuba Street, Wellington)
Come along for a thought-provoking and highly relevant presentation for translators and interpreters. This event is free to attend and is bound to be very popular! Please book here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RR9rd5ycqKoyKE0EA-nQ8Rv_t8mmMNLgK6ZI_3iefeA/viewform
The second event is a longer masterclass, which is an exclusive opportunity for translators and interpreters who want to raise the bar in their professional practice.
Chris Durban Masterclass: Business acceleration masterclass for translators with Chris Durban (Wednesday 27 January, 2.00 – 6.00 pm, Meeting Room, CQ Hotel Wellington, 223 Cuba Street, Wellington)
This four-hour masterclass is not for everyone.Beginners? No. Part-timers? Probably not. Dabblers and ditherers? Definitely not.
It targets translators and interpreters who have acquired enough experience to know that translation/interpreting is for them. Who are passionate about their work – or would like to be. Who are at a stage in their practice and life where they want to raise the ante, and who are prepared to invest the time and energy to break into market segments offering greater intellectual satisfaction and financial rewards.
Join Chris Durban in Wellington on January 27 for this entirely new hands-on masterclass based on her extensive experience with demanding clients.
- Specialization is the way forward, say “marketing experts”: we will look at exactly what it means for an expert translator and exactly how it can be harnessed to link up with well-heeled and demanding clients.
- Translators are often uncomfortable with marketing: we will look a specific ways to move past the hurdles.
- Pricing? Another translator bugbear: we will tackle this head-on and identify how to move up to where you want to be.
- Working from New Zealand or Australia poses specific challenges: we will address these, too.
If you are a professional translator and are seriously interested in moving your translation practice up a gear in 2016, this all new course is for you—regardless of your language combination or area of specialization.
Registration: $220 (includes course, teaching materials, refreshments) at www.chrisdurbanblog.com
For more information, contact Chris directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Durban is a freelance translator and speaker based in Paris. She has written and spoken extensively about the translation market and the skills translators need to break free of the bulk segment and build a practice at the top end of the market.
Content reposted from the website of the New Zealand Society of Translators and Interpreters.